1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
I did the mega-gyms for years: lift-cardio-flex-repeat…. I needed a change and tried a smaller box about a year ago – really enjoyed the functional side of CrossFit and the challenge of being terrible at every movement. I had also met Kyrie and heard she was coming to Northlake so I made the switch.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
OCR (Spartans), Tennis, anything active…
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
I try to hit 4-5 classes, and Sunday for extra credit.
7. What is your athletic background?
Everything in high school, D3 Hoops at Univ of Southern Maine, Holla! – and just a lifetime of active stuff.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
Really awesome coaches
The jams are usually legit
The athletes are super nice – everyone helps
I’m the oldest dude in here …damn
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
18.1 was awesome because my judge barked at me the whole 20 mins – I’m a grown man and don’t get yelled at much. That was cool!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Show up, suck it up
Stretch – way more than you want to
11. What is your eating style?
I eat super clean, but not much at all… I need to work on that
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
Definitely getting more technical stuff figured out thanks to the coaching and osmosis from all of the skilled athletes – and improving mobility …. slowly
13. What do you do for a living?
I work for a large Financial firm managing retirement investments
14. What drives you to be an active family?
Fitness is a huge part of creating balance with a hectic career, and all of the other things life throws at you. CrossFit Northlake is an awesome piece of the puzzle for me – I check the WOD first thing every morning. It’s a motivator. I may look like I’m dying in class but I promise I’m having way more fun than anyone – best hour of my day.