1: Where are you from originally?
Sara: The South! Born in Charleston, SC and lived in GA, SC, and NC – most of my years have been in the Charlotte area.
Sabrina: Born overseas, raised in Columbia, SC
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Sara: Clean and Jerk
3. What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
We were doing the typical globo-gym thing. Running our lives away on a treadmill and frustrated with never seeing results. Sara heard about CrossFit about 5 years ago when she saw former teammates participating.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
Our kids keep us pretty busy. We are huge football fans and spend most of our weekends cheering on our teams (Panthers, Gamecocks, Clemson Tigers).
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
We usually come at least 5 days a week (shout-out 6 AM class!).
7. What is your athletic background?
Sara: I played sports all throughout school, but really focused in on golf in high school. I went on to play Division I for Winthrop University 2005-2009.
Sabrina: I played soccer and volleyball during high school.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
We both loved it! It was immediately clear that we were nowhere near where we thought we were, but that CFN was the place to get us there. We both wished that we had started a long time ago.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
SWAT class on Sunday’s are typically our favorite days because we get a chance to really focus without thoughts of making it to work on time or getting the kids ready for school in the back of our minds. We’ve seen significant benefits from the additional time with Amy and Hodge!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Just keep coming and give it 100%. The support group at CFN won’t let you fail.
11. What is your eating style?
We’ve recently started macro focused nutrition plans. We are still learning a lot about nutrition and working to improve our habits.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
Physically, we’ve seen differences in the way clothes fit and how we feel in them. Mentally, we feel stronger each day which has paid dividends outside of the box.
13. What do you do for a living?
Sara: I’m a Regional Quality Manager for Amazon.
Sabrina: I’m an Area Manager for Amazon.
14. What drive you to be an active family?
We both want to be role models for our children in every aspect of life, nutrition and health included. Teaching them the value of dedication and hard work is important to us so we push ourselves to set the example.