1. Where are you from originally?
I was born on Long Island, NY, then moved to Wilmington, NC when I was 14 years old.
2. What is your favorite Bootcamp movement?
I really enjoy squats.
3. What is your least favorite Bootcamp movement?
I don’t enjoy burpees.
4. What were you doing before Bootcamp? How did you hear about CrossFit and/Northlake Bootcamp?
Before I joined Bootcamp I was running about 3 days a week and had a gym membership that I never used. I was not motivated to go to the gym and workout since I had no idea what to do. My friend told me about Northlake CrossFit and how it was the best gym experience that she ever had. I knew I had to give it a shot.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in beside Bootcamp?
I have become addicted to running races and have completed 50 total, 11 being half Marathons. I also love being outside playing golf.
6. How many times per week do you workout?
I started with 3 days a week. I now attend class 4 to 5 days a week.
7. What is your athletic background?
I played nearly every sport a child until I found karate. I worked all the way through the program until I eventually earned my black belt. As I got older, I found that working out helps me feel better about myself and I feel so accomplished, so I started running half marathons.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at Northlake Bootcamp.
I could do this! After my first session, I could not wait to go back again, lift more, run faster, & continue to improve myself.
9. Do you have any special or favorite Northlake Bootcamp memories/moments?
I like that every day is different. There hasn’t been a single workout that was the same. My favorite memories are made every day when I notice that I am getting stronger and my body looks and feels much better.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining Northlake Bootcamp?
Do not quit. Continue to push yourself harder each day and you will see the results. Consistency is key.
11. What is your eating style?
I’m not much of a dieter, but I have made life changes to the way I eat. I found that making small changes to the type of food I’m eating instead of going on a strict diet easier to stick with and allows me to see major changes. (Eliminating Gummy Bears was the hardest.)
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at Northlake Bootcamp?
I have lost multiple inches in my waist and legs and I am the strongest I have ever been.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a Packaging Sourcing Leader for Newell Brands. I work with over 30 suppliers to negotiate packaging cost for all our Writing Brands including Sharpie and PaperMate.