1. Where are you from originally?
Originally from Chester, SC but spent most of my life in Georgia.
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement?
Clean and jerk
3. What is your least favorite WOD/Movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
I started CrossFit right out of high school. I was very active with swimming and softball so it was a huge hit when I left that behind. I took a small break from CF for a year or so during college to save some money and spent a lot of time in a regular gym and I hated it.
When I moved from Atlanta to Charlotte, I searched different CrossFit gyms in the area and emailed the owners. Jason was the only one to give me a true response to how awesome his community was and kept on me to come to a class. I feel like I got so lucky. You don’t hear a lot of people find an awesome gym on their first try.
5. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
I try to come in at least 5 times a week
6. What is your athletic background?
Swimming and softball in high school
7. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
Everyone there was so welcoming. They made an effort to introduce themselves and show me around. Ever since my first workout, I have felt a part of their family. No matter the class time, I haven’t met a single person that made me feel differently.
8. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
It’s hard to pinpoint a specific time. It’s a love hate relationship when JB continuously stands behind me telling me to keep pushing. You know it’s been a good workout when the clock runs out or you’ve finished your final round and just lay on the cold floor while others walk around and fist bump you telling you how awesome you did. Even on my weakest days, the members and coaches at CrossFit Northlake have always made me feel stronger.
9. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Be open minded and step out of your comfort zone. Everyone in there will support you so ask for help when you need it and remember that we are all there working to get better with you. You aren’t alone through the overwhelming process of learning and entering a new community.
10. What is your eating style?
About 5 weeks ago, I had a coach calculate out my macros in order to reach my goals. I make sure I get a certain amount of fat, protein, and carbs in my diet.
11. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
Not only have I seen the obvious which is getting stronger, my form has improved tremendously allowing me to do so. Each coach in there always has an eye on you making sure you’re doing each movement correct in order to stay safe inside the gym. If there’s anything I’ve learned, form is so important and that’s been my biggest improvement.
12. What do you do for a living?
I am an outside sales representative.
13. What drive you to be an active family?
Besides the amazing family environment that I continue to brag about, my personal goals are a huge contributor as well. I want to participate in Wodapalooza 2019!
Leave a Reply