1. Where are you from originally?
The Land – Cleveland, Ohio
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
3. What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
I have 2, pull-ups and snatching
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
I was working out body building style at a globo gym and had always wanted to try CrossFit, so I made the change after a few things happened in my life. My first gym closed down and I decided to make a change from my second change to Northlake due to the community, competitiveness, and a lot of my friends being here.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
I played soccer all my life as well as softball and basketball in high school. Now I spend most of my time CrossFitting because it’s what I love to do!
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
7. What is your athletic background?
I played soccer from the age of 3 to my freshman year in college. I ran track, played softball and basketball in junior high. I played softball, basketball and soccer in high school.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
Definitely more competitive than the previous two gyms I had been a part of and knew I had a lot of work to put in if I ever wanted to get to a competitive level. Everyone was really encouraging and the community was so much fun to be a part of. Jason Bright is the best coach I have ever had ☺
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Saturday WODS are always really fun, especially in the summer. Goddess Games is another favorite of mine. Super hard work goes into that event for a very good cause.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Even if it might seem super intimidating, it won’t always be that way. We all start somewhere and improving your health, mentally and physically, is the most important thing you can do. You aren’t a part of Northlake to just workout; you are now a part of our community.
11. What is your eating style?
I did flexible dieting or IIFYM as some may know. Now I have to eat Paleo for health so I incorporate that into counting macros.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
I am probably the fittest I have ever been in my life, mentally and physically.
13. What do you do for a living?
I work at Lowe’s Corporate Office in HR.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
My mom was always very active as a fitness instructor and I think once I was put into sports I just never stopped being active. My passion in life is health and fitness, which is why I am going back to school for it. I think it’s so important and a lot of people take it for granted.
Leave a Reply