1: Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
DU, HSPU, cleans
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
Plate Pushes, Burpees (duh) , Thrusters
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
I was just doing some group exercise and P.T. at Sports and Fitness, my boss was at Vitality and kept telling me about CrossFit and that I should try it out. After a couple months I decided I wanted to give it a go, Northlake was closer to home for me when it opened so I decided that would be the best place for me to try it out.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in besides CrossFit?
Nothing really right now other than CF
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
Usually +/- 5
7. What is your athletic background?
Gymnastics & Horseback Riding
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake
I do remember my first thoughts being along the lines of holy crap that sucked, no wonder people are making such a big deal over this CrossFit stuff. The funny part about that is that now that I look back I had NO idea what I was in for, but I am glad I gave it a shot and stuck with it.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Honestly my favorite CFN moments and memories are not appropriate to put in print, BUT what I can say is Duana’s ‘Girls Only’ birthday WOD was a very good time. J
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Just stick with it. Those first couple months I felt like I got hit by a bus after just about every workout I did, but I kept coming back. Your body will adapt. Sometimes it feels like you are falling apart, but I can guarantee it eventually subside. It took me about 2-3 months to be able to work out more than 2 or 3 days a week and to start to adapt to the lifestyle.
11. What is your eating style?
I try to keep my eating relatively clean during the week; lots of eggs, chicken, avocado, some potatoes and bananas. All that being said, cookies are my weaknesses and on the weekends I do indulge in those things if I want them. I don’t work well with deprivation but I try to keep the unhealthy choices to the weekend so they don’t become habits or daily cravings.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake
Since the first day I walked into CFN I have lost about 20lbs and inches everywhere. It’s not all about the numbers though, I am stronger, faster, and have more endurance than I probably ever have in my life.
13. What do you do for a living?