Since Scott has joined CFN Amy and I have watched him push himself every single day. Scott often beats me to the gym at 6am in the morning and is the first to pop the doors and start his warm up. He is always asking how he can get better and receives coaching very well. Scott also completed Murph for the first time this week with his fellow gym members during which he did his first pull up without a band. AWESOME JOB SCOTT.
1: Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Lactate workouts, Olympic lifting and rowing are all favorites.
My absolute favorite WOD is:
The Lion Tamer WOD:
3 Rounds for time
Tame 1 lion (lion/tiger)
2 day time cap
Note: I scale this WOD back currently. Jason tells me that within the month I might be able to scale up to a common house cat.
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
Any movements that are too easy for me; a list of which that will not be shared with the coaches.
My most dreaded WOD:
The Dragon Tamer WOD
(See lion tamer WOD, with dragons, no time cap)
Seriously, because of the amazing coaching we get, I like most movements.
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
Traditional workouts with some CrossFit sprinkled in. My partner Todd suggested that I check out CF Northlake.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in besides CrossFit?
Are you trying to tell me something?
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
At least 4.
7. What is your athletic background?
I was a gymnast as a kid. At that time, I was also quite adept at TV tag as well as hide and seek.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake
More, better, faster!
If I can do this, everything else is a piece of cake.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
The high-fives, encouragement and cheers during the workouts. This happens every day and is the best part of CrossFit Northlake. The athletes and coaches are outstanding.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Scale – See lion tamer WOD comments
Patience – we are very resilient creatures; give it time
Listen – the coaches know their stuff
Most importantly, CrossFit is like really challenging recess – have fun!
11. What is your eating style
I follow the Vin Diesel diet: fast and furious; at 80-90% Paleo.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake
I am physically able to do things I never thought that I could. The changes to my body require significant changes to my wardrobe.
I must publicly thank Jason, Amy and the CF Northlake coaches for the guidance and encouragement. So many lions, so little time.
13. What do you do for a living?
I make people’s financial lives better.