1. Where are you from originally?
I am a native Charlotte resident; I have lived here since I was child.
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
My favorite movement is the power and squat cleans.
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
My least favorite is the Double Under.
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
Prior to learning what CrossFit was I attended a normal “globo” type gym going to spin and body pump classes in hopes to lose weight. 4 years ago I learned about CrossFit, I was ready for a more challenging way to get in better shape and attended CrossFit LKN. Once LKN closed I looked at several boxes in the area that provided challenging workouts, great community and convenient to both work and home and landed here at CrossFit Northlake.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
Outside of CrossFit I enjoy snow skiing and occasionally some recreational basketball. I also run charity 5K’s races.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
I typically attend 4-5 classes per week.
7. What is your athletic background?
I played Little League baseball as a kid and ran Cross Country in High School.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
During my transition between LKN and coming to CF NorthLake I knew I had to find a box that would provide and challenging workout and I certainly found that here.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Right after starting NorthLake I was able to PR (195 lbs) a power clean. I have also enjoyed meeting and working out with my new NorthLake community.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Stay persistent and know that things will not happen overnight. You have to stay consistent with whatever your goal is and over time know that it can be attained.
11. What is your eating style?
I try to eat fairly clean meals, but in moderation I do occasionally have cheat foods that I enjoy. I also gave up caffeine (sodas) about a year ago and mainly drink water.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake.
Overall my running and conditioning have improved. I have gotten a few new PR’s over the past few months as well.
13. What do you do for a living?
I work for Bank of America as an Oracle Database Administrator.
14. What drive you to be an active family?
My overall drive was originally to lose weight and get in better shape, after being sedentary for many years while working and going back to school to complete my bachelor’s degree. Over the last 4 years I have lost a total of over 75 pounds, changed my overall eating habits and today I am in the best shape of my life.