1: Where are you from originally?
The suburbs of Chicago, but NC is definitely my home
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Burpees: I used to hate them, so I made it a goal to enjoy them; now I love them.
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
I was recently introduced to trip plate pushes, so those…thanks Jason!
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
My wife and I were doing boot camps at the “Y” before we found out about the boot camp and CrossFit Northlake. Once we joined the boot camp here, there was no turning back. Amy definitely made us love it!
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
Paddle Boarding, White Water Rafting, Hiking, Walking the Dogs
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
As many as my body can take. I originally thought this would be six days, but then I remembered I am not young so its three to four with an occasional endurance day.
7. What is your athletic background?
soccer, wrestling, golf, swimming & diving.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
- – why did I let myself get so out of shape!?! And that I know that if I stick through some of this pain I will physically be where I want
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
I had just recently transition from boot camp to cross fit and Scott Best invited me to come watch and support them at the masters competition at CrossFit Unite. He made me feel like part of the family. I have met so many great people and all these moments are my favorite. Not to mention that I get to work out with my wife every day!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
- -I would tell them what worked best for me: start in boot camp and gradually migrate to cross fit. I would also advise them to not underestimate what is written on the board because it always looks easier than it turns out.
11. What is your eating style?
It was aggressive and out of control, but now it is far more balanced and nutritional with an occasional indulgence.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake
Dramatic physical and mental improvements. But the bottom line and what is most important is that I feel great!
13. What do you do for a living?
Director of food and nutritional services for Morrison Healthcare
14. What drive you to be an active family?
The guilt of wasting a day on the couch; the desire to want to be something more; general health and well-being