1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement?
3. What is your least favorite WOD/Movement?
Karen/Wallballs (Especially sweaty ones)
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
I was running on a treadmill and doing all sorts of classes. I first heard about CrossFit through some childhood friends who coach at CrossFit OIB. I heard about Northlake while at my previous box that is no longer open.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
I love anything outdoors. I love playing softball, flag football, and dancing. I love to dance.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
5-6 days a week
7. What is your athletic background?
I played softball, cheered, and danced through high school and continued dancing competitively through college.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
It was my first true WOD in about a year and a half and I thought holy stinky!! It was brutal but I loved it!
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
I’d have to say this past year’s open workouts with Amy as my judge! She was so motivating, kept me relaxed and even made me laugh during the workouts. She was totally in my head the whole time and knew exactly what to say and when to say it!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
I would say that the best part of CrossFit is everything can be modified and no one is going to judge you for it! So put away the excuses and you do you!
11. What is your eating style?
I have a nutrition coach and I count my macros.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
The list is too long 🙂 I’m so much stronger in so many ways… physically, mentally, emotionally. I surprise myself everyday at the gym with the constant push and encouragement from the coaches and members!
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a mortgage underwriter
14. What drives you to be an active family?
I have had a lot of cancer in my family, past and present. I do what I can to stay as healthy as I can and live a happy life.
Leave a Reply