1. Where are you from originally?
Born in Pittsburgh (go Steelers), grew up in Raleigh, NC
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Grace or Fran – I love meathead movements
3. What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
Karen – mentally, a tough one to get through
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Northlake?
Before CrossFit, I was a standard gym rat and doing 12oz curls every other day. Katie, my wife, had done Crossfit before for a few months and got us involved at CFN.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
Does air guitar, flexing in front of the mirror, and sucking my gut in count as a sport?
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
5-6 times per week
7. What is your athletic background?
Basketball and track
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
My first thought after completing my very first WOD was “I’m going to die,” followed by “How am I not dead yet?” and then, “I want to do this every day.”
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
I love the Open. The energy during Friday Night Lights is indescribable. I love seeing people PR and do things they didn’t think they could.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Be patient and don’t compare yourself to others.
11. What is your eating style?
I count macro’s
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
In the beginning, I was getting better, but it was more due to me just getting better at the movements. I’ve noticed a big change over the past year and a half since I started paying more attention to my diet and competing more in the WOD’s. I never thought I would have abs after college, haha.
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m the Warehouse Manager for Carolina Fitness Equipment and owner of Caveman Cuisine.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
Both my wife and I like being active, and doing it at a place like CFN with amazing coaches that push you and an awesome community that supports you makes it that much easier.