1: Where are you from originally?
I am originally from Atlanta, Georgia
2. What is your favorite Bootcamp movement?
My favorite bootcamp movement believe it or not is the Burpee and the Jump Rope!
3. What is your least favorite Bootcamp Movement?
4. What were you doing before Bootcamp?
Before Bootcamp, I was taking dance classes a few days a week and doing some hot yoga.
5. How did you hear about CrossFit and/ Northlake Bootcamp?
My good friend Laken had been trying to get me to try out Crossfit at Northlake for forever! I was super nervous about the heavy weight lifting so when I heard there was going to be a Bootcamp version, I immediately signed up!
6. What other sports or activities do you participate in besides Bootcamp?
I am a dancer so any class I have the opportunity to take, I will! I also love to play powder puff football. I am a girly girl but love some football!!!
7. How many times per week do you Workout?
I usually workout 5X a week.
8. What is your athletic background?
I have been dancing since I was 2 years old. I cheered and danced throughout high school and college and then went on to dance for Disney in Orlando for 5 years. Once I moved to Charlotte, I wasn’t able to give the dancing up so I auditioned to be a Carolina Panthers Cheerleader and made it. I cheered for the Panthers for 4 years and retired this past April.
9. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
The first workout I had from Crossfit Northlake was awesome! Amy was so encouraging and I realized after retiring from the Panthers, I really need to get a new workout regimen. The only thing is after that workout, I couldn’t lift my arms! #toomanypushups lol
10. Do you have any special or favorite Northlake Bootcamp memories/moments?
One of my favorite moments was the Halloween WOD! Halloween is my favorite holiday and when Amy and Jason gave us the chance to dress up, I jumped at the opportunity!!! I am sure there will be many more fun memories created!
11. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining Northlake Bootcamp?
The biggest piece of advice I could give someone who is just starting bootcamp would be to go at your own pace. Everyone starting out has different levels of fitness and sometimes you have to build up to it. This is a judgment free zone and everyone is there to help you reach your goals!!!
12. What is your eating style?
This is definitely something I need to work on!! I do love seafood! I usually eat grilled fish twice a week with vegetables and rice and then mix in a chicken dish here and there. I try to be as healthy as possible during the week, so when the weekend rolls around, I can eat my favorite food…..Mexican food!!!
13. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
I have become so much stronger. I have started to see definition in my arms and legs and am able to accomplish workouts that I wasn’t able to before. For example, I could barely do one pushup when I started and now I am able to get through as many as Amy dishes out to me. I also have bad knees from dance, but with the help of step ups and other leg workouts, it has relieved pressure off of my knees!
14. What do you do for a living?
I am an Account Manager for an IT Technical Staffing Firm.